The following are some Frequently Asked Questions.
How can you improve your mental health?
- Get enough sleep
- Pay attention to your feelings
- Spend time in nature
- Pursue a hobby
- Laugh often
- Grieve your loses
- Accept yourself, imperfections
- Only try to change yourself, not others
- Ask for help whenever needed
- Spend less time in front of electronics
- Connect with friends and family
- Try to do things because you want to, not out of obligation
- Practice gratitude daily
- Express your feelings
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Remember it’s healthy to say “no” sometimes
- Forgive yourself
- Limit alcohol, caffeine, and other drugs
- Spend some time alone
- Get to know yourself, travel solo
- See a therapist
- Practice deep, calming breathing
- If you’ve been prescribed psychiatric medications, take them as prescribed
Can IQ be assessed here?
Can we know our full psychological profile so that we can know wether we are absolutely normal or have some psychic traits?
- Yes, complete psychological assessment can be done with the help of psychometric testing instruments.
How family members should behave with psychiatric patients?
- They should behave with utmost care and compassion with dignity, love and respect. Accept and recognize the problem of patients and deal accordingly. It is better to have supervised medications initially.
When will the patient be alright?
- Generally if you consult Psychiatrist, then it takes minimum of 3 weeks duration to give some palpable result on giving medicines, whereas counseling is a longterm process. It requires few extensive sessions to produce some result. So patience is the key in psychiatric treatment.
Life long continuation of medicines? Is it safe? Will there be any harm?
- We have to calculate risk-benefit ratio which is more favorable in favor of benefit, ie. since patient remain stable on taking medicines so some fewer side effects of medicines are acceptable. Our objective is to prevent relapse of psychiatric disorders, which is only possible on taking regular medicines, by counselling and proper psycho education.
What is the duration for which medicines to be continued?
- It depends upon the case. Generally for depressive disorder 6-9 months of treatment is must, but for psychotic disorders medicines have to be continued sometimes even for a life long period.
Are Psychotropic medicines very strong? Can they cause serious side effects?
- Every medicines have some side effects, be it psychotropic’s or some others, but Psychiatrists choose the medicines judiciously, so that side effects can be minimized. To control manifestations of psychiatric problems we must give the medicines and need not worry about side effects.
Can Psychiatric patients be managed without medicines?
- If the symptoms are mild then sometimes patients can be managed with counselling or Psychotherapies only without giving medicines. But medicines are required if symptoms are severe. Most of the cases require medicines as well as counselling.
Is the service confidential?
- Yes , of course it is absolutely confidential.
Is there any prior appointment required?
- Yes, prior appointment can be done through our help-line number +91 98305 44470